Monday, December 03, 2007

Triple Thanks

Making a proper window in a card is hard. I know you can buy pre-punched cards for this but I needed to try and get one made by hand. It worked even if its a bit off. I took a plain red card and punched a window using a Marvy Punch. I also made a bit bigger punch in a patterned piece, being careful to place "Rudolf" where I wanted him. I just made a punch and then re-aligned it a bit. One side is off-oh well. I attached this to the front of the card.

On the inside, the punched out piece was the base and then a smaller punch was stamped on four times with a cheapie dollar stamp 4 times. These were layered and placed behind the window aperture. I took a small remnant of ribbon and tied in a knot-then snot dotted it on the lower left. Rudolf got a little Stickles glitter. There was probably a better way to do the cutting on this card but I always make stuff difficult for myself for some reason. Maybe its because I like to cuss a lot!

2 comments:

  1. Your card looks great, love that paper and how you did the Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Jan,I was seeing your comments all over so i decided to check your blog...sure am glad I did.Just subscribed so now I'm off to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!