Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Happy Holidays

I went to Target tonight to see if they made a nasal spray that would make the drip stop. I don't need to medicate my whole body for a nose faucet run amok. I saw all sorts of stuff but no drip fixer. So I bought some paper bags on clearance and a lint trap. I needed a snot trap but if I ever dry my nose out, it will be like lint maybe?

Here is the second card in my set of 4. I used generic white card and edged it in denim and folded it in half. Cutting up some pieces of scraps, I edged those in blue too and centered them nicely on the card front so a seam of white would show around all the edges. The Happy Holidays sticker is placed on white card stock and then I cut around the sticker leaving a small area showing. Pop dot it to the lower left. Another white scrap has an ornament sticker centered-well almost centered- and then edged in blue ink and distressed a bit. This bit of embellishment was layered on a red scrap that was distressed and then pop dotted in the center of the card. I took a scrap of gingham ribbon and folded it in half then tied some other small scraps of red satin ribbon around the bottom and used tiny dots to attach this to the ornament like a hanger.

As with the previous card, I used Scrappy Glue with my glitter on top of the sticker to look like piled snowflakes.

5 comments:

  1. Jan I hope your nose stops soon.
    Gorgeous card and I love how you tell us how it all came together tfs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, love the paper and your glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan - I'm enjoying your card series. They are so cute and that chunky glitter adds a fun touch. Thanks for sharing and feel better soon! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE YOUR NEW CARD JAN,LOVE THE COLOURS & THE CHRISTMAS BAUBLE CENTER WITH THE RIBBON.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards! You said a set of four. . .I'd like a set of four! Great job and sorry you're not getting response on your blog candy! Try to give a gift. . . geesh, the nerve.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!