Thursday, December 13, 2007

Greetings of the Season

See what you can do with some scrap decorative ribbon and an old greeting card? These were misprinted cards for a local business and Stacey snatched them up and we used them for a make and take recently.
How many of you save the fronts (and sometimes the insides) of cards you receive? Recycle!
I even used the greeting on the inside and then just had a piece of torn edge card on the bottom that I placed behind the greeting cut. I even saved the glossy back piece of the card for later. Along with the weird junk mail hubby got today for his World Points frequent flyer brochure-that will be another card later.

5 comments:

  1. Jan, what a great idea. I do this same thing with childrens birthday cards. I often combine pictures from the front of cards with stamping backgrounds etc. Well done, looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE doing this! I started to do it when I got married, I din't want to save every card so I used a lot of it in my scrapbook. Some store made cards have beautiful embellishments it would be way too wrong to toss them! Your card turned out beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB IDEA JAN! IT TURNED OUT STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello "Sister" - I´m in your SBS4-group too... Love your card - your way of making them is such an elegant one... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so sophisticated and Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!