Sunday, December 09, 2007

I Must Be Scrooge-

I received this questionnaire via email asking me to post my answers and send it to everyone I know. Oh, and I have to try not to be Scrooge. I think I flunk, cause my answers were not even close to what was sent to me. I am sorry, but I don't like Christmas or really participate. I love the songs, the colors, the lights but so dislike the shopping, the greed, the insanity that now starts in August. I prefer to celebrate birthdays, anny's and "just because" days. That way it's special to each person. So anyone got a WII as daughter just had a BD and I cant find one for her :(


Here are my answers and if it makes me a Scrooge, well I have many reasons why. But I am very generous in ways others don't know or see. I just like to do it privately.

  • 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? How about garbage bags? Donation bags really.
  • 2. Real tree or Artificial? No tree-I have cats! Trees belong outside.
  • 3. When do you put up the tree? When I plant one in the spring in my yard.
  • 4. When do you take the tree down? When hubby runs over one with the mower.
  • 5. Do you like eggnog? Eeeewwwww! Raw eggs??? Eeeewwwww!
  • 6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie Dreamhouse-made from cardboard. $3.00 at Kmart
  • 7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes-giving it to son and his wife for their new house-its' very old.
  • 8. Hardest person to buy for? George Bush-you can't buy brains.
  • 9. Easiest person to buy for? Myself-but I don't like to shop much.
  • 10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Padded toilet seat
  • 11. Mail or e-mail Christmas card? checks or Paypal-for my donations.
  • 12. Favorite Christmas Movie? (alas, no dvd yet)The Gathering
  • 13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? What-August dog days isn't early enough?
  • 14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? my Barbie Dream House-it made good garden mulch
  • 15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Rutabagas and Tofurkey
  • 16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I love golden topaz on anything
  • 17. Favorite Christmas song? Merry Christmas Darling by the Carpenters
  • 18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home and watch A Christmas Story over and over on TBS
  • 19. Can you name Santa's reindeers? yup-and all the characters on the Rudolf cartoon too.
  • 20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? I mostly had a cat or two-but the tree was always spread all over the family room floor .
  • 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Um-I sleep in until the NBA game comes on at 1PM
  • 22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People have forgotten the real reasons for the winter holidays-a season of hope for all religions.

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygosh, the George Bush comment was HYSTERICAL!!! lol....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!