Sunday, December 02, 2007

Aster Tag

This was a quickie using chalk inks and Tim Holtz' new crackle acrylics paints. I first stamped in chalk ink using the large flower stamp. This will eventually act like a resist. Then I took some small miscellaneous pads of ink that looks nice together and smooshed them on the tag. I warmed the tag with a heat gun to dry it all faster. Finally, I took a tissue and wiped off any ink that didn't dry, and the chalk flower just pops out!

Punch a circle and daub on some plain ink then the crackle paint and heat set it, and the dryer it gets the more it crackles. I drizzled a bit of gold across the top for more effect. Then tied some jute and topped with the crackly circle. I want to try this more with larger backgrounds soon. But this was fast and fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!