Monday, December 17, 2007

Santa Beard

This is a cut out from a piece of wrapping paper. I deliberately went looking for some to cut up. I edged in burgundy ink and added the Santa to a scrap of red textured card stock which I distressed and inked. This was placed on the top of a green lined card. On the bottom, I used another piece of the red and placed it crosswise after inking the edges. Then I stamped my greeting and used my Cropidile to place eyelets on the ends and tied some jute thru and used my last two pop dots to place the sign. You could make a bazillion of these in a couple hours and would cost about 2 bucks for the paper roll. And scraps for the rest.
ETA-I forgot to add I used some punchies for the holly and two tiny brads on the hat.

Juliann, Cathy and Flossie-you were the only three that wanted some of the Debbie Mumm scraps, so get me the info for sending it to you by clicking my profile and my email is there. I will get the pieces and some other goodies to you as soon as possible. I assume y'all like paper and card stock and ribbon? Bed-assuming the dog lets me in.

8 comments:

  1. this card is great, love that you used wrapping paper, fantastic idea. Wow can't believe you did not have a line for the Debbie Mumm, will be sending you my info via email. thanks and have a Very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute!
    Love the mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE SANTA'S WHISKERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is darling--what a creative Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute santa love how you put him all together very creative

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY clever card, I LoVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative!! Everything just goes together perfectly.....

    Tammy
    SBS4 sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, I really love this card! Santa looks so country, and I LOVE that. Cute, cute cute. I also love the distressing.
    I just read your comment on my *traffic* post....it made me laugh...the eskimos and their wireless internet in igloos. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!