Saturday, September 22, 2007

Winter Flowers

This is better than it started but could use some more texture. I think another layer of card stock under the light blue might have worked. This is smaller than A2, so more a gift card size or slightly larger. I started with a plain white card folded and inked the edges in Denim.
I used the Southwest corner punch on three sides and an EK corner adorner on the other which I then folded forward. Notice the two sided paper which is darker on the backside? The large Penny Black sticker is placed on a scrap piece of dark Bazzill blue. I layered another sticker about a third of the way up and then placed the large flower sticker towards the right side using pop dots.

Using Sulky thread, start on the left bottom and tape on the back. Wind it to the right and behind then front and up and tape on the back again. This adds a bit of sparkle to compliment the glitter penning of the flowers on the sticker. The finishing touch was a medium brad in the left upper corner to take away some of the whiteness. I do wish I had used actual brads on the sticker or instead of and perhaps added some brocade ribbon. Maybe for the next try. I have a lot more of these stickers as I just loved them so much.



1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I love how you did the corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!