Friday, September 07, 2007

Rubber Stampin Fun Review

I have finished posting the 8 examples I did for Rubber Stamping Fun company. I hope you will go visit the particular postings if you haven't already. I also have a photo below of all the cards on a table. All posts are available in my archive from late August to early September.

Here is the entire set of 6 stamps. I don't know what the set is called yet. When they arrived in July, they were in a sammy bag. The wood that is used is very good and the stamps are indexed.

Here is a photo of the backs of the stamps. I was not really happy with how the stamps were cut out. A couple of them left marks when stamped and as you can see, some of the images are too big for the wood block they are on. They overhang a bit. So the rubber needs to be matched better to the block size.

Here is a close up of the one that was the worst. I can only hope the rest of the wood mounted stamps will be better than this. I realise this was a freebie and am factoring that in for now. There was very good cushion, however. Of course, if they offer an UM option , you can do whatever you want with them and that is okay-I had no problem with the rubber itself. I think they have some fun images and reasonable prices.

I have not heard back from the vendor and there are some serious rumours floating around that something bad has happened to them. I know of several other design teamers who have not heard from them at all. I also signed up for their newsletter and have not received anything either.

ETA--I just visited the site as I was getting ready to post this and see that the site is updated and this set has a name! Click here to go directly to the new sets update. This particular set is called Whimsy Words and retails for 18.81. Shipping is free for the entire site.

Edited again 9/23-apparently this set is no longer on the site. I have no clue what is going on with the company and have not heard a peep from them. I kinda wanted to order a few sets but right now, just don't know what to think about them. My grades still stand as listed below.

Grade of stamp images B

Grade of mounting C-

Grade of Communication F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!