Friday, September 28, 2007

Hula Girl

Here is the last of the three cards I made trying to color with Souffle pens. This might have been a whole lot cuter had I used H2O's or Prismacolors pencils. My niece liked it but she is only 10 and anything sparkly is cool.
This is a base Bling card with a flower swatch of paper across the top. I did edge it with Marmalade ink.

The image is from Great Impressions and I stamped the girl twice so I could cut out the skirt to layer it. I added the extra skirt with pop dots and also added tiny crystals to the shoes and lei and the flowers in her hair. Then the image was edged with ink as was a pink piece of odd card. It's got a speckled texture to it and I also have it in teal but don't know what it's called. Its just neat to look at.

I also stamped a strip of the flowers on white-this stamp was the SOTM- and colored them. This was tucked under the flowery paper near the edge. The hula girl was then positioned on the left after the pink was angled. I found some fiery fibers and added them but could probably do without it. It just seemed to bring out the colors in the paper a bit.

So ends my experiments with Souffle pens. I won't be using them for larger jobs like this anymore. I hear they work great on acetate/transparencies but I wonder if they will color in any better and leave bare spots. They are too expensive to do any more experimenting with as a rule.







1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!