Saturday, September 29, 2007

Seeds

I needed a fast card-and since I had some images already colored, I pulled this off. Nothing like finding you need a card at 3 AM and hubby is in a hurry. The photo is bad but I took it on top of the freezer in the garage sitting on a dish towel.

I used a dark blue grey textured base card and found some eyelets to match the flowers in the patterned paper. Luckily the paper also matched the colors of the stamped image! I took a piece of the patterned flower paper and with a Trio , applied that to a plain white grosgrain ribbon and that was added to a red width of cardstock and attached to the middle of the card.

I inked the edges of my stamped image square and roughed it up a bit, then added a layer of the flowery paper above.This was then attached to a piece of limey green. Using a scrap of thin ribbon, I tied a bow on the side and then glued the whole shebang to the left side.

I stamped a word from Rubber Stamping Fun and layered it to another lime piece both of which have been inked and distressed and added to the front at an angle. It was finished off with three eyelets attached with the Cropadile on the lower left.

I actually made two cards using the same image but let him pick the one he wanted. I liked the other one better. I will post it later as I need to sleep with my hot water bottles tonight. It's cold and I think I pulled something moving boxes earlier or maybe lifting weights. I don't know when to just stop sometimes. I also have a big run Sunday-13.1 miles. Why do I do this stuff anyways?




3 comments:

  1. Jan this card is absolutely adorable. You did a great job coloring your image and the paper matches so perfectly. I would have never guessed this was a fast one.

    Big stamping hugs.

    Pegi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the winner of my blog candy! Yeah! email me at julie_1964@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you to be my blog friend, please see my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!