Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Icy Crackle

Another card I tore apart but I actually ran into a worse problem than bland. Originally this was on yet another plain cream card. I peeled the sticker off as carefully as I could and when it didn't want to come off, I then cut around the cream and added another layer, this time the chocolate brown that had the edges distressed. Then I cut a larger greenish mat and added the sticker combo to it.

The ribbon was from the original before I took it apart and I wanted to keep it so I redid it a bit and taped it to the backside of the green before layering it to a plain white card that I had distress inked the edges in some greenish brown ink.

Now the idea was to make the sticker stand out and for that, I decided to use Crackle Medium from Ranger. This was added after I used the glitter pen on the filigree at the bottom of the sticker. But the crackle was not drying and crackling fast enough for me, so I put it in the sun on the deck to dry. Well, it only crackled the edges and then melted the sticker backing, so that is why the edges of the sticker are puckered. No matter how much I try to smooth it out, it pops right back to how it looks in the photo. But I did sorta get the look I wanted. I will try this again with another sticker soon. Sticker by Penny Black of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!