Monday, September 24, 2007

T for Thanks

How about something other than a redone Penny Black card tonight? This is next in the queue and it was a quickie. I am trying to stay busy as hubby is flying and somehow the plane had trouble and he and it are sitting in Chicago. He is going to Sao Paulo--so I am worried, as usual. I don't like planes (no, I hate planes) and he doesn't usually fly on American. He left me a voice mail just as my phone died earlier----so now I am calling him and its going to his voice mail. What fun. It's 1 AM and he was supposed to be there at 11 PM. I am very antsy now.
ETA-they got another plane as the passengers were calling around to find other flights. Guess American didn't want to put them all up overnight. He is in Miami now and spending the night. No flight until tomorrow night. But at least he is okay-they fed business class but the plebes in the rear were having to buy yucky subs.
Basically this card is scraps and chipboard. A dark purple piece of textured Bazzill starts it off. I inked it up with dark brown Distress ink and layered a large square of purple plaid that was also inked a bit. Then I cut a piece of lilac and tilted it on its side after roughing up the edges. A long piece of tan was cut and I wrote the word thanks-so I would know where to put my patterned "T" chipboard piece and attached both using pops dots. It was bland so I took a creamy Souffle pen and made dots on both sides of the plaid square and this seemed to finish it nice.
I want to make a lot more like this so I went to the dollar store area of the Scrapbook Zone and got a lot of chipboard 'bets from Lil Davis and others. Even if I don't use all the letters, I will have fun with them. Maybe I will make up a bag of extras to give away later.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Love the card ... and the chipboard 't'! It's getting time to bring out the rich colors ... this card puts me closer to that "mood", although it's quite warm here today!

    ~Tex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card. Thanks so much for visiting my site. I have offically added you to my blogroll as well as signed up for your subscription list. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card--I love these colors!!

    BTW--You have been tagged:
    http://stampinwinkyfingers.blogspot.com/2007/09/name-game.html

    ~Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a great card from scraps, really love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More chances to win, visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!