Monday, September 17, 2007

Just Because

I hope everyone gets the chance to work with Alcohol inks. You will never get the same exact background no matter how you try. There are several brands out there but the most available is probably Tim Holtz Adirondack inks from Ranger . The first ones I ever purchased were from Jacquard called Pinata They were on clearance and I had no idea what to do with them either. But what a deal. Now I know.

This card is very simple once you have made your inky backgrounds and you can get carried away making them. Make sure you visit the above links for how-to-do's. And remember to use adequate ventilation when working with these inks-I felt a bit woozy when doing this.

I used a textured cream colored card that I layered my background inked piece on top of black. For the flower image I used Staz-On black and a Penny Black Botanical stamp. Using some Sulky Golden thread, wind a few layers around the image before sticking to the base card. Then add a sentiment if you want.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    What a fabulous card! I love your Polished Stone background. I love using alcohol inks and use it quite regularly on my card creations.

    I just wanted to let you know that I'm adding your blog site to my blog roll that I'm currently creating. I'm adding bloggers who have commented on my blog site at one point or another.

    Thank you for commenting my blog site. . .I really appreciate it.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Hey Jan......make sure you check out my blog today.....you won the drawing! :)

    -Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!