Thursday, September 13, 2007

Torn and Tied

ETA-I fixed the photo to enlarge like it should for detail. There was a malfunction yesterday.


I got so involved with making a last minute birthday card for my hubby's co-worker that I forgot to post. I looked thru my queue to see what I had that was easy and found this.

Plain dark green card stock, folded and ink distressed is then layered with a torn piece of pattered paper after inking it a bit too. Cut a piece of medium red and razor the edge up a bit after inking. Before attaching this piece, wrap some gauzy ribbon around it and tie in a box or knot. I layered two pieces in contrasting colors. Cut the edges of the ribbon pretty and layer this piece.

Last thing to do is attach a metal word brad to a layer of the same red above and glue this to the front. Using up the scrap can be fun and fast. See ya tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Jan, this is my absolute favorite of all the cards you posted recently. Simple and stunning. I will be CASEing this for sure. (and I don't like red, and don't really do Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!