Friday, November 02, 2007

Happy Days BWR

Not my favorite of 5 ones I made. I should have done the side narrower where I threaded the ribbon. I think there is too much white and I don't like white. I did like how the red piece under the stamped vase turned out tho-especially the distressed edges.

I started with a black textured card stock and added the Magic Mesh on the right side. I love Magic Mesh and don't use it enough. I think I have one roll of every color made. I stamped my images on plain white paper and cut out the vase one. The flower stamp-which I popped a small brad thru the middle was also touched up with Acrylic Accents on the petals.

I did my distressing and layering on the side-and the tiny dots on the vase were colored with the new Spica pens from Copic Markers. Then the vase was pop dotted. On the left side, the stamped image of the phrase had dots-and I used my Cropidile to punch the dots out and then wove the ribbon thru and taped it on the back side. Then I used the Trio runner to add it on the front of the card. I do wish I had left the words off and moved the mesh layers more toward the center with the woven ribbon down the side. Maybe next time.


1 comment:

  1. I like the card, the ribbon white space, that great little button in the center of the flower and that awesome vase.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!