Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Quilt Artist

I am in the process of making a quilt from all my running t-shirts-I probably have enough to make two or three king size ones. But it's a long process and I only cut the squares after I have worn the shirt for a while or just hate them (someone needs to have a class on making cool t-shirt logos, as I usually end up with a bunch of the uglies).

On Thanksgiving, I did a Turkey Trot 5K in Lansing and in the gathering after the race, where all the frozen, damp runners hung out was a woman who has written a book about turning t-shirts into quilts with several of her creations. You can visit her website here and be sure to check out the story of Chad .

I am sewing my quilt squares by hand where she is doing the actual quilting by machine (I prefer hand sewing in general which is how I learned to hem, quilt and embellish etc). The book is available from both her website and Amazon if you are so inclined. Everyone has t-shirts-I was just weeding out my stash again this week, to make room for more. I also have running sweatshirts that would make a very warm cozy.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!