Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Luck of the Draw.

This is a card from my archives. I made this in 2004 at a scrapbook weekend. The idea was to visit as many stores on the list and get a "passport" stamped and then submit it at the last store and maybe win a huge prize. The place I made this at is no longer in business-in fact only two of the 12 stores are still around. I really liked this particular store but saw it going down hill within a year. Sad as it had tons of stamps and it was the first time I had ever used Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

The background music paper was off white and I used the inks to make it really old looking. Now I use 3-4 colors to get some unusual age to items but at the time of this card, there were only 6 colors out there, so I used two. I bought all the inks, of course. I have all 24 to keep current and wonder what is coming next, now that Tim has made embossing distress powders to match!

I adhered the torn and distressed paper to the card-I inked that up a bit too. Then I stamped a message on a plain white sheet and layered it over black after inking the edges of the phrase. Finishing up, I added these cool fake brads. I think EK Success made them as part of their Architecture line that was so new then. I then just tucked some real playing cards-which are mini size-behind the phrase.

Here is another card I made using playing cards. I bought them to make mini ATC's but haven't gotten around to that phase yet! Too many things to do and not enough hands and sofa slug is no help at all.

Going to bed early-if 2AM is early. The Ann Arbor Art Fair is starting in the morning and I am going if the storms stay away. I need a new yard thingie or two.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!