Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thank You So Much!

++++Lost Internet last night-felt lost and out of sync.++++

Thank you all for reading my blog and for posting comments. I really look forward to looking each day to see what others have posted to mine and to link back to theirs and see what is going on all over the world. I even love reading the ones I cannot read! Italian, Finnish and some symbol stuff that I really don't know what it is but it's pretty!

I had a weird experience tonight. I am tearing apart my old desk-it's one of those O'Sullivan ones that was glued together and no one would want it anyways as its 12 years old and had a dip from the original optical mouse, and the cat used the side for a scratching post. But going thru the files, the printings of craft stuff and tons of papers I keep asking myself what I had kept it for...I found a print out of the first email I ever sent in 1995! My daughter Courtney was a vet school student at Michigan State and my son was just starting his Senior year of high school. I was complaining about his greedy Christmas list! Jeez.........Funny I kept it tho.

This is a pretty simple card using scraps of double sided textured card stock and multiple layers. Of course, I inked all the layers with burlap distress ink and worked it around a bit on some of the papers. I will probably die with my Distress Inks in my hands. This card is a quickie and probably less than 10 minutes, especially if you have your papers selected. Looking at this now, the only thing I might change is the base card. I think I would go with textured white or a green one. I also think this card could easily be switched to a Holiday card as so much blue is showing up in recent years with decorating for December. The tags were punched from an Ellison die and tied together with the piece of ribbon. Fast, fun and out of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!