Thursday, July 26, 2007

Girls Rule!


A very tall card this is. When I saw the idea for this , I didn't want to make it. But going thru my stash, I found some legal size envelopes with those sting binder things on the back for a clasp and said-what the hey! My niece loved this card so I am going to make her one later as I need to find some softball paper. She is playing on a traveling team for the first time this summer and has weekend tournaments that gobble up all her time. At 10, I wish she also was involved in something like scouts or a reading club instead of just all sports all the time.

I don't remember what stamp set was used for this and I no longer have it to use-it's in the box I intend to auction off or sell locally in a garage sale. I just don't use it enough to keep it. The ink was a chalk ink from Colorbox-again, a color I don't use often as I am not into pinks. I used a corner rounder on the edges of the individual letters and then punched a hole to tie the pieces of ribbon thru. The base card was just some generic green that matched the patterned paper. I wanted to do the "rule" word in a rub-on but all my l's were gone, so I found some odd stickers and it worked out pretty well.

I got new running shoes today! Playmakers rule! Well worth the hour's drive.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!