Sunday, July 22, 2007

Happy Holidays Bear

Going thru my stash yesterday, I found a bunch of cards I had made last fall and had completely forgotten about. I think the photos are a bit dark but I am not is search of any snow or wintry images to make this look more seasonal. It was fairly warm today so I thinned out my herb garden and planted more (want some mint?), which I rather like doing. I love having dirty hands and smelling like a pizza. Oregano aroma will follow me for a while as I cool down.
I started this card with a medium muted lime card stock that is a bit textured. I added a red layer that is a metallic finish and placed that across the middle leaving room for my ribbon strips. The stamped image and phrase are on a smooth white with tiny silver flecks. I really like this paper but haven't a clue what it's called or where to buy it. I do have it in blue, red, black (incredible look to that one) and golden yellow. I got them at a going out of business sale at a store called See Spot Run in Franklin, MI a few years ago. I loved that store-it was very unique.

My image was colored with Prismacolors and Gamsol-I very much liked the shading on Teddy. I then trimmed the hat and pompom with silver tinsel glitter. Before I added the white layer with the image to the regular base card, I added red star brads to the corners so that they would have the backs hidden and not showing thru the inside of the card. I usually trim the backs of my brads so the prongs are less bulky, too.

I think this may be a Penny Black stamp as it reminds me of her style. I was thumbing thru my stamp file (an old recipe box with images indexed by style and size) and could not find it listed. I may have a box of stamps I haven't gotten to yet-what a surprise. Two hands are never enough. I need to turn the compost before I sit for good tonight. Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!