Sunday, July 15, 2007

Let's Party!

I made this for a square card swap earlier this year. I still hate square cards but found these cool die cut frames for 5 cents a piece and decided to use some. It must have been close to St. Patty's Day for me to have these stickers tho.

Basically I just pop-dotted the square frame on top of a folded square card that I had punched out the middles to match the frames. I placed the sticker image behind the middle cut out, wrapped a few pieces of ribbon around the corners and added the phrase. It was so bland, so I added some tiny flower brads with Prima flowers and touched them up with glittery Stickles. Not the greatest card but I gave a lot of them away and only kept this one. I really need some creating time soon instead of archival postings.

This card was hard to photograph as it would not stand up, looked weird straight on so I went with the odd angle and it was too windy outside, so a pretty off photo I think.

I went to a stamp store open house today and learned something new, so as soon as I can, I will post a photo. Always nice to learn fun, new techniques and the make and takes were free! Of course, I spent money too. How can I not??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!