Saturday, August 04, 2007

Snow People Dance

Okay, I could actually learn to like snow if it was always this cute! I fell in love with this image and there are a lot more cuties like it. This is called Penny Black Snow Trot 3540H and this eBay store has the most comprehensive collection of Penny Black this side of the UK! And great prices and terrific shipping too!

This card was a CASED idea from Laurie. I love her choices of stamps as they are so whimsical especially the PB line and the Great Impressions animals. The fun here was to color the snow people and add enough sparkles without overdoing it. I used Prismacolors and Gamsol to move the color around and then used Stickles on the lady snow person's hat.

I included this photo as it seems every card I make somehow gets cat hairs on it. See it laying just above the word "every"? I never see it until after I go to editing the files and I am too busy to Photoshop out this little bit of character. I did add some small crystals on the corners after inking the edges with Distress Broken Glass as it matched the base card almost perfectly. The base has tiny sprinkles of silver embedded in it and this card stock is usually available from Marco's . I backed both of my stamped images with thin metallic silver and also used some plain purple for a little added cooler color.
Here is another closeup of the snow people-I actually colored these images on my way to my son's wedding in April of this year. With tons more images to make cards with, I better get busy! Those are almost all House Mouse and their new bunny line. Coloring in the car isn't bad actually. As I stamped several images of the same to experiment with, if I messed up, I just started another one. I waited until the actual card making to add any glitter or other long drying embellishments.

I hope this card cools off anyone who thinks it's too hot these days. I just turned off the ceiling fan in the kitchen as I had goosebumps. But tomorrow is another scorcher-woo hoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!