Sunday, August 26, 2007

Blowing in the Wind

This might have been funny had there not been such a wind event yesterday. The photos are coming out today of the damage in Fenton and its much worse than thought-video is at the
highlighted link. 90% are without power and it's been declared a state of emergency, hence no one in or out without a resident ID. They are still waiting on disaster declarations for FEMA funds. I have not heard from my friend Mike who has a house there and his street is the north edge of the storm damage. It would take quite a bit for him not to show up for the Crim this morning and he was not listed among the finishers. We know he is physically okay as no deaths or major injuries were reported but he does not answer his cell or voice mails. His wife has health problems and was probably home alone when the storms hit. I know how I felt just knowing the storm was coming-cant imagine what went thru a head with the storm on top of you.

ETA-heard from Mike in Fenton-he is fine as is his house and family! Nice news to wake up to with the sun finally!

This was a card from stamp camp. I stamped my image on glossy paper using Stazon ink and colored it with Sakura pens. This was layered on dark blue card stock . Stamping a row of snowmen across the bottom of a patterned shimmery block of paper,the images were also colored in using the above pens. The glossy snowman was layered on this sheet and onto a plain white folded card. The finishing touch was two mitten buttons that were applied over the stamped bottom images of the snowman after removing the back shanks.

After another downpour today, we are expected to dry out and then I will have some current ideas. I also need to make a trip to a scrap store in Saginaw for fall papers-my daughter got some really cool Heidi Grace fall shimmer paper today at Archiver's grand opening and I NEED some now! Oranges and browns with shimmery stripes and fuzzy stuff. I know I said I was sick of her stuff-but I hadn't seen this particular line before. And she had some monster paper that I thought was Cloud 9 but cant find online yet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh such a cute card! I love how the mittens are hanging over the snowman's arm and the hat is blowing away! Very creative!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!