Thursday, August 09, 2007

One of A Kind

I wasn't sure whether to add this one to my blog. It is missing its back end. I laid it in some cantaloupe Popsicle sticky goo and had to cut it off and now I don't have the same color or even one I think matches close to make a real card of it.


I do like the colors and the basic design of this card. Normally neon anything that isn't attached to a building in some urban area freaks me out. But it works here because there isn't a whole lot of it. I used a die cut of a crayon for the candles. It must be an Ellison as I don't see it listed on the Sizzlets list. I took a plain white front, smushed some inks here and there on the edges to distress and took a couple strips of patterned card stock to resemble ribbon across the top and bottom.

I used the Trio Runner to attach the candles and tied some string around one for a little bit of color. Using some acyclic letters on a block, I lined up a phrase to fit and stamped it over the top of the candle/crayons. Adding a button to the bottom threaded with the same string and done. I then layered it on a folded card-which now is just a layer waiting for a card.

My gnome friend is one of a kind! His sister fell off the deck in the storm and has been decapitated until I find some Crazy Glue. Such a sad boy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!