Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Spooky Boo

Why do companies advertise their vellum tape is invisible on vellum when it's NOT!!! I didn't notice how un-invisible this was until I looked at the photos just now. Evil tape!

Using different scraps to fit the front of the card and leave a little white behind with space, I cut up some colors and inked all the edges. Stamped the sentiment on the long bottom piece. Another word can go on one of the other colors or leave blank.Play around here a bit as you may want less white showing or even want to butt up the pieces so none shows.

I took a piece of orange and tore a pumpkin shape-which was much larger to start but I finally got it down to a manageable size for the square. The ghost is a die cut from vellum-this is pretty thin vellum-and I wonder if I had used a thicker brand, if maybe the tape would not have shown. The witch hat is another die cut with the hat ribbon in a contrasting color. I really don't like this die as it's just flat and plain. Always looking for Halloween ones-I have a HUGE haunted house from Sizzix I need to come up with a way to make a 3D card with.

My quickie for the day-I need to get outside and enjoy the 96F! I love the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!