Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dad's Been Tagged

I went to Joann's tonight. Haven't been there in quite a while. All the new goodies! Their normal spring line of paper pads, stickers and rub ons were 40% off, so I got some of the small pads of paper. I wanted the 12 x 12 but they will be 50% next week (I don't need instant gratification), so I can wait. Since everything I picked up was already on sale and I knew I would not be back for a week or more, I gave away my soon-to-expire coupon. Also, they have all new stamps! Inkadinkado, Hero Arts and Cloud 9 and all 40% off! I had to pick myself up by the scruff and pull myself away!

Somehow I always get it the wrong checkout. The girl ahead of me had no coupon, her debit card was dead, her credit card wasn't working and she could not find her Driver's Licence to write a check. So she put everything back except the thread (which was 9 bucks?) and she was short of cash for that, so I gave her my coupon and she was good to go.
I really don't know why I made this card. I have no one to give it to. Probably a good guess is I just liked the colors. Pretty easy to see I used all scraps of print and card stock papers. Just layer it on. And staple the tag. One thing I messed up-those brad colors. See, it was dark and I was working by the stove light and thought I picked grey, not green. And I wrinkled it up putting them in after my oh so precise measuring with my Cropidile. I think I need more sleep. And more light! Snow coming (again) so I am gonna go snuggle with the cats and read. Nitey night.


5 comments:

  1. thanks for the info about that comment on my blog...as soon as i saw it, i figured it was such a thing. there are some lame-o's in this world, eh?
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card. I like the colors too. It was nice of you to share your coupon. wow - $9 thread. Hope it was silk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I always choose those queues in the supermarket too!

    Love this card, what a fabulous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this -- so FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of you to give her your coupon! You're a sweetie!!! =0) Working by the stove light again, eh?! I remember about a year ago, when I first started blogging, you posted a photo that was taken by the stove light... I thought it was sooo funny!!! You crack me up, woman!! Your card turned out pretty great for working under the stove light... at least there is green on your DS paper, so it matches!! Stay warm my dear!!!

    Hugs n' Aloha,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!