Monday, March 17, 2008

Beannachtai Na Feile Padraig


May those who love us,

Love us.

And those who do not love us,

May God turn their hearts.

And if He doesn't turn their hearts,

May He turn their ankles,

So we'll know them by their limping.


Go bhfana í ngrá linn,

Iad siúd atá í ngrá linn.

Iad siúd nach bhfuil,

Go gcasa Dia a gcroíthe.

Agus muna gcasann Sé a gcroíthe

Go gcasa Sé caol na coise acu

Go n-aithneoimid iad as a mbacadaíl.


PS-for those of you who do not speak Gaelic-click here!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture!! Love the poem, may have to write that one down for future use....

    Tammy
    SBS4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jan, thank you so much for commenting on my blog so that I won't be missing yours any longer. I love the saying on this entry and want permission to post it on my blog if you will let me. Again, thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!