Thursday, October 04, 2007

Musical Flowers

Not one of my best as far as salvaging the sticker cards but can't fix them all. I noticed that I didn't finish glittering the top flower and it looks kinda odd. I did keep the base card with punched corners but I took an ink pad and rubbed all the edges of the matted piece and base before popping it in, so it showed up a bit more.

I did peel the sticker off a plain white card and add the greenish piece from my stash. Looking at it now-I might have toned it down a bit. I think it's kinda too limey now. I distressed the edges and probably should have inked them too because the white core of the card stock wasn't what I thought I would see so strongly.

Using two different colors of glitter pen, I filled in the leaves and flowers and added a tiny gem to the centers. The last bit was a stray piece of Christmas ribbon tied across the bottom and I pop dotted the whole piece to the front, centering as best I could. I think my choices of colors were wrong for this but tomorrow is another day. A dark base would have been better but didn't want to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!