Thursday, October 04, 2007

13.1

I did a half marathon Sunday. Haven't done one of those in many years, 10 miles pretty much being my comfort zone. At 11 miles, I was ready to quit and that is not like me at all. I just wanted to sit DOWN!!! I would have settled for an ant hill if I saw one. It was an interesting way to see the city of Lansing and a nice fundraiser for the Children's Museum . And we had a corpulent cop say we were her heroes--we did try to convince her to join us but I think she was stuck behind the popo wheel (with a box of doughnuts).

This is what the front of the shirts look like-lousy photo but I like it as it's not white and tea stains won't show. As I neared the finish line along the river (wish there had been more color in the trees and not 80F at the end) a duck on the water started to laugh at me! Ha Ha Ha over and over. Good thing I don't eat animals otherwise he may have been lunch!

I don't care what my time was, only that I finished and got my nice fake bronze medal (the paint is already peeling off). I have sore hips, shin splints and a burned face. Also some odd bruises that look like a comet exploded on my thigh but that could just be because I am a klutz. I did go to the gym today to try and work the kinks out a bit, see the half neked guys play hoops-we sometimes get NBA guys like Mo Pete and Mateen to knock around (and I got to watch the Wings game, Allison). Crazy but I heard there was another on Mackinaw Island the end of the month... Now that would be pretty and a fudge delight! Where do I sign up?
ETA-Congrats to John and Allene Tucker of Lansing-for finishing with style!! Last but NEVER least!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, great job! That's a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 13 miles...wow! And I have yet to catch a game here...darn blackouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Jan....YOU ROCK GIRL! Congrats on your accomplishment - you did me proud. I can only hope that some day I too can do this. CONGRATS to you! Kadie from Madison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:38 PM

    Huge congrats on your accomplishment ... pretty amazing since this gal was thrilled she did 35 minutes on the eliptical tonight at the gym :^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!