Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sharing Thanks With Our Northern Neighbors

I learned something new today. Our wonderful neighbors to the north are celebrating a Thanksgiving weekend for a bountiful year. If you would like to know more about their celebration, go here and here. My grandfather grew up in Canada (Quebec) and my grandparents were married in Ontario before coming to the US, so Canada has always has a special place in my heart.

I bet all Canadians are particularly thankful for not having to rush out on the last Friday of the month and spend every cent they can muster like us idiot Americans tend to do on Black Friday . I hope you are enjoying some great food up there! I miss my grampa's 'taters with creamed onions and my gramma's rutabaga mashed with milk and butter. Yum.

So little doggie here is sharing his bones with you and hopes you will have a bite of something in his honor. This stamp is another from Will 'n Way.

I stamped my image and word on white vellum card stock and colored with Prismacolors and Gamsol. Then the pieces were cut, inked on the edges and roughed a bit. I layered them on top of some yellow gold bling paper. Using a corner punch on pattered paper, I did all four corners which I also edged with the same Distress Ink (marmalade). I placed this piece centered on textured card stock which was also edged inked and then positioned my image layer

Cutting out three bones, I layered them with pop dots under the off-set phrase and tied a small piece of ribbon into a knot and placed with a snot dot over the word. Acrylic accents on the nose and a flower bead for the id tag on the dog and isn't he the cutest? One happy dog.

ETA-I just noticed----no dog or cat hair. Woo hoo.!!


2 comments:

  1. Not sure what we'll be eating. We went to Marineland instead of turkey shopping. Oops! wish me luck finding some gobble gobble..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!