Friday, June 15, 2007

Punched Paisley

It's almost 6 AM and I am just jacked up for some reason. I had supper late and didn't finish my yard work because the skeeters were getting bad. I had taken my newest cards to show to my niece and her mom and the waiter came over to check them out and ask if I sold them. I was kinda shocked by that as I never would think they are good enough to sell. One of the local stores I frequent sells pre-made cards for 8 bucks! And they are pretty generic to me-but if some guy comes in and buys a gift certificate for his wife or girlfriend, maybe he has no clue and will buy one for the gift card to be presented in.


Here I am using the punch I spoke about a few postings ago. I did two punches and layered them to form a daisy type flower and then punched a circle for the middle. I did edge the circle in one of the brown distress inks-I think it was Scattered Straw. There are 9 layers of card stock and papers not including the flower which I pop dotted. Instead of making a bow, I ran a flat piece of ribbon under the top layers and taped on the back before adding the top concoction to the main layers. All but the thank you layer and the flower petals are distressed in ink-some with the straw and some with Weathered Wood.

I also did a blade distress to some of the card stock layers as they are more durable and up to the challenge. I used this and its only 1.00 so pick up a few and use them-safe and fun and so a bargain! I can't believe how much doing a blade distress on layers changes a card and give it so much texture!

The sun was going down when I took this photo so I think the colors look a bit flat. Even with all these layers, this card is not as heavy as I thought it might be and would probably get by with regular postage.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great idea with the punches. Love the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that flower and you could easily sell that card!
    I have that distressing tool too, got it free a couple years ago at CHA and still use it, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!