Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Leaf of Gold


Here is a quickie as I am exhausted and did not get to stamp tonight. Hubby is coming home for a day or so and then going away again and he doesn't know how bad I have the house torn up. I am scrambling to get something finished but it's a losing battle since i hurt my back last Wednesday. Some progress is better than none but I am not having much fun while he is gone-unlike I usually get tons done and feel better about it. I need a hot tub!

This card was done with an embossing plate in a Sizzix machine. After embossing it, I took a sanding block to rub some of the color off the paper as it has a white core and it emphasised the leaf frond. It's really fun and simple to do and you can use all sorts of papers, textures and get different looks. Some textured card stocks even have a white core. I punched the corners and wound Sulky Metallic thread around it and taped in the back and then layered the completed embellished leaf on a card with another layer of paper.

Hopefully, I will have another card and maybe over the holiday, I will put up some Non-Pariels again. I have been going thru my stash and finding all sorts of goodies worth gifting out to my fellow bloggers. I have a good question this time, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!