Friday, May 09, 2008

Let's Stamp Out Hunger For All Americans!

If we can afford to buy stamps and scrap materials to feed our habit, we can all afford to put out a small bag of non-perishables for the food drive for today, Saturday May 10th.
I always have fun with this food drive-making sure I box up a complete meal for 5-6 including desserts. I try to make at least a two day feast (even tho I know they will break it down and disperse it otherwise). I purchased canned chicken, dried pasta and two sauces, several soups and some boxed crackers, some seasonings, canned salmon, dried eggs and some dehydrated hash browns, and some cookie mix and a cake for dessert. I try to stay healthy in my selections and even tho I am a vegetarian, I do not force that choice on those who need healthy food and give no lecture.

I hope you will participate. Watch this video for more info and get your bag out to your mail box-even street box collection-and know you helped feed a family today. No one should go hungry in this country-the land of plenty and probably way too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!