Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Celebrate This Day

I had to post a new card-just because I could get off the couch and move a bit today. My fever appears to have broken after peaking at 104F. I have taken 4 showers so far today. And wish I had a diaper. All this coughing and 3 kids? Mother Nature is so evil sometimes!!

My ribs feel like I went 11 rounds with Mike Tyson but at least I still have my earlobes! I went from Saturday night to this morning with not one speck of sleep-I think the NyQuil has a weird effect on me, especially with my normal everyday insomnia. I did sleep a bit today-maybe 2 hours. I haven't eaten either-but have a craving for grits or mashed garbanzo beans. Comfort type foods guess.

A green textured card was used as a base on this one. I added a piece of pink print on the top left and some striped paper on the right. Covering the the seam and part of the card to dissect across after distressing the edges, I placed a printed greeting. It is this kind of greeting that I wish more stamp companies made-as I like longer messages for the insides of cards. Because this was laser printed, I would not be able to emboss unless I tried it on glossy paper. Maybe when I have more time. A Prima flower was added to the left of the greeting with a button threaded with floss. I then added some small strips of leftover ribbon for a flair behind the flower. It was too plain without it but I didn't want a bow.

Another shower and the sofa is calling soon-and the 60F are going, going soon gone and back to reality. I feel so cheated. This odd thaw and all I can do is watch the squirrels dive bomb the dogs. They love it!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Jan, 104!! That is pretty high. Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I hope you are feeling much better soon. That is a beautiful card - very cheerful and colorful, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOUR NEW CARD & YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR EVEN THOUGH YOUR PARTIALLY ON DEATHS DOOR..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a bright and colorful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!