Sunday, January 11, 2009

Merry Santa

I know the season is gone but I am slow to post the holiday cards. Maybe the Halloweenies will go up for Valentine's Day?? Or Fall at Easter?? I take whatever I can get. Including all the peanut butter I can eat. That has nothing to do with anything. I just like saying peanut butter.

I really like this card because of the vintage look. This is what I imagine a mid-2oth century Santa to look like even if it's generic. This is similar to the Santa whom I saw when I was young in Flint at Smith Bridgeman's Department Store that gave me a lasting image of him. I am so glad my kids don't remember the drunk Santa at Windmill Place. I personally like the more rustic look for Santa from Europe.

This card is pretty easy using layers of scraps. I am still trying to get used to the Copic markers over the cheapie ones I used at one time. Copics are an investment but will last almost forever as they are refillable. I got a great deal on Ebay just before the prices went up. There are some women out there who are masters with the Copics. I am envious.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:19 PM

    The Santa is wonderful! This is also the Santa that I remember! I wish you lived nearby and gave lessons!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!