Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tweeting Noel

I saw pavement today. Here in Flushing, we usually have pretty decent plowing and salting. But it's been a challenge as nearly every day, we have had anything from a dusting to a gully whomper. There was a day in December when everything heated up to unheard of winter temps, two inches of rain fell and set up major flooding and then the winds came-equivalent to a minimal hurricane. Trees down and many had no power. Then the snow. Day after day after day. And so cold..we set several records. Usually there is a January thaw but the prevailing forecast for the next two weeks says no. So the plow came thru this morning and scraped enough off to spray that new fangled stuff on the bare blacktop-and the sun peeked out. So I saw pavement. In Flushing. Not so lucky the people in other parts of the county, especially Flint, who have some streets that have seen no plows all winter.

So I know why the caged bird sings for spring. And sunshine. And the damned plow. But how do I always miss the oopsies on cards until I have photographed them and uploaded to the blog? We shall pretend the bird sneezed on this one. I really love those corner punches from Fiskars and EK Success. Anybody got a cool way to store them? I tried a shoe bag thingie over the back of the door, but the punches are so heavy or the slots too small. Anyways, this is an Inkadinkado stamp that I used a Versamark pen after stamping and then dropped glitter on it. You can click and enlarge to see it better. I also used Acrylic Accents on the Noel-which is pop dotted over the same image under it. I know the ribbon color is throwing me off but it has a coolness to it, setting the mood. Like the mood on my toes. Cold and blue.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, I'm still looking for a way to store mine. You're right about the shoe thingy, they get too darn heavy. All mine are in a draw at the moment.

    I like the card, sneeze and all!

    :) Marcia
    SBS4

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!