Monday, October 30, 2006

Fall on the Farm in Michigan

I designed this card with memories of my summers on my grandparents farm in Maple Grove Michigan. This stamp is from a set called Times and Seasons from Stampin' Up and I have wanted it for a long time, finally getting a winning bid on Ebay a few weeks ago. When I first started working on it, I thought it was too plain and almost put it aside because of the frustration I was feeling. Coupled with the fact my flash drive died today, and I was not in a good mood. Going thru a bag of scraps and odd items, I found a small piece of ribbon that seemed to bring out the orange of the pumpkins but still something was missing. I wanted some straw but who has straw brooms anymore? So rummaging in my silk flowers, I found some wheat (which prompty fell apart) and under it, was a small bunch of glittery baby's breath-so I tucked it into the bow and it seems to have given it the little extra I was looking for. I am not 100% happy with this card, but it does make me wish I was up in the barn chasing the wild cats many years ago. I have another card with the same stamp I will publish next month with an entirely different feel to it-but still another day on the farm for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!