Monday, October 30, 2006

Dotty Love

I used to go to a stamp store locally every Friday that had Make and Takes for a buck! I tried to go every Friday either before or after the gym. There always seemed to be road construction or bad weather but I did usually make it at least half the Fridays in the month-and its a 20 mile trek one way to Davison. The store moved recently to Burton and the Make and Take policy changed so I don't go but once a month anymore. I miss going but the policy is now make and takes on Saturdays only and it's now 5.00 and you have to pre-register. I'd rather spend that much for a new stamp!

This card started out as one of those make and takes-just the dots -which was a "Dennis" created stamp for the store. The more I looked at it, the more I knew I had to add something, even as cute as it was. I found some rub ons that I has stashed away and there was a perfect phrase. But it needed some bit of more vibrant color. As it happened, last week I had bought a small jar of paper flowers from Bazzill in pinks, blues, yellows and greens. The blue one was perfect and as much as I usually hate acrylic stickers, this one was just right instead of a large brad for the middle of the flower. I think this would be great as a birthday card-or any time you want to say someone is special to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!