Saturday, March 07, 2009

Winter Blues

It's almost over, right? That yuck stuff called winter has to be taking the fast train out of here ; altho it has been known to stick around until May. A few years back we had a snowstorm on Mother's Day that dumped 8" in no time (I was doing a local road race that morning out near Mott Lake/Bluebell Beach and the finish line was at the beach.) I also remember the 17 inches of snow on St Patty's day in 1973 as we were preparing to move into our first house. So we drank a gallon of Gallo wine instead and moved a month later. It probably took up that long to recover and sober up.

I made this card up at Stacey's back in January, I think. So many have asked for it but I can't bear to part with it. Initially the vellum was not inked on the edges but I wanted a little more depth to the look, so I inked it up and it just pops off the card now.

I photographed these in my kitchen under a florescent kitchen light so can't say I am pleased with the result but until the sun shines a bit more locally, this is the best I can do. The round scalloped circle is embossed using a Cuttlebug folder and Cryogen White card stock. If you click the photo below you will see the sparkle this paper has. A lot of people use this card stock for Copic markers.

The phrase stamp is from Sweet Impressions, Stacey's very own line of stamps. Every time I visit , I find an image I haven't seen before. They are mounted on cling foam, and she also has card stock, inks and other necessities on the site, so go take a look.

We are under a flood watch for two inches of rain and I am going up to Lansing to look at wedding dresses and maybe get some pancakes. I might even drop by Hobby Lobby. I have a coupon. And that is the only way to shop these days. Since I don't really think I can get blood out of a turnip like my grampa said long ago.


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!