Monday, March 09, 2009

Dottie Puffs

There is no stamping on this but there is ink. Can you guess where it is? As part of a valentines card class my SIL and I took at Stacey's, it was fast and fun to make. The designer paper is from Basic Grey and everyone went nuts over it. My one wish with Basic Grey is to make two sided paper. I think they did one subset of papers a few years ago but nothing since. Their loss as I would buy tons of it if it were. I only buy two sided papers and designer heavy card stock anymore. That way I use it all instead of just some.

The bottom edge was punched using Fiskars and the heart punched and then was run thru an embossing folder. Layer the heart over brown and pink the edges. Those puffy hearts come in other colors and I have used red ones before. This would be a great card to use up scraps. So did you find the ink yet? After running the heart thru the embosser, I rubbed a dark brown ink over the dotties. It made them pop!

I wish I could have something funny or cute beyond this, but it's not been a good evening at all. Sometimes the things you find coming to light about family-you had hoped your suspicions were just active imaginations. But they aren't. Mom, I am glad you won't ever know the sad state of affairs that I uncovered.

2 comments:

  1. pretty stuff - looks similar to their bittersweet stuff, which I naturally HAD to run out and pick up a 6x6 pad of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue-this is Bittersweet but cut from the 12 by 12 sheets so it's not sized smaller like the 6 x 6 pads-which I covet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!