Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cross Stitched

Cross sure fits me today. I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to do but the Fibro kicked up so I just laid on the sofa for most of the day with my hot water bottle, and the heating pad. The uncertainty in the weather isn't good for me. Luckily, I have an NCAA bracket to watch. So far I am over 75%. I did get dressed and try to make the gym but they close early on Saturday, so I walked around Hobby Lobby, actually found something to use my coupon on, and got in line to pay. But the line was over 10 deep so I gave the coupon away and left. I don't like standing in line for anything. It's not impatience. It's a matter of deciding if losing half an hour of my life to purchase a $2.99 item is worth it. And it isn't.

This is a card I made at Stacey's a while back. I really like the tag part of it. But not the white background. I just don't like white based cards unless they are textured. Usually, if I am out and make a card with white, I come home and swap it out with something. I forgot to here, so this is the next queued card. The stamp in the middle of the tag is a Sweet Stamp . I hope you check the website and give Stacey some business. All her stamps are on cling foam and ready to create with. If you do Pergamano, she has some images just perfect for that, too.

I used some markers to try to mimic the flowers in the paper scrap-pretty close, huh? When all was done and layered, I used a glitter pen to highlight the flower middles. I find the Spica pens (at least the clear ones) are NOT worth the money but the colored ones are great. Those Jelly Roll Pens are probably a lot cheaper and more dependable too.

Back to baking, I am. This is what I tend to do when I am either upset or frustrated. Or both. I made a lemon cake with bitter chocolate frosting. Hubby said it was dry. Honestly, it was because it was vegan. It's not manly enough for him. It was so incredibly moist, it melted in my mouth.

1 comment:

  1. you did an awesome job picking up the colors from the DP on this card, girl - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!