Friday, March 13, 2009

'Round My Heart

If I can only have one set of inks, it has to be Tim Holtz's Distress Inks. I have every color and it's amazing to me what you can do with them. Many times I just swipe them across papers and don't even pay attention to the colors I use, as they seem to compliment each other in so many ways. On this card, one of the brown tones was used to give it an old old look. And these cool pre-made folded cards are from the Paper Cut. The edges were stamped using a Sweet Stamp .

The scalloped edged piece was cut using a Nestability die and if you click, you can see the raised edge. This and all the other pieces were all inked using the Distress inks. The middle circle is a humongous punch and the "heart" is two tags punched with another punch, edges inked and then crossed and held in place with a glossy brad. The only thing I might change on this now is to add a bit of shimmer, maybe with Stickles or some Brilliance ink. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!