Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grapevine And Roses

We actually had a nice day today here in Michigan. It felt more like late April instead of mid March. Normally I would be gearing up for a St Patty's day road race but decided to save the 20 bucks. The entry sheet didn't say what the shirt was this year and I am pretty particular about my t-shirts or sweat shirts. I hate white shirts because I am a slob. I dribble worse than any baby ever could. I think it should be a pre-req that the race organizers put a photo of the shirts on the website as I know I am not the only one who feels this way. I also snub races with earmuffs, shorts, socks and the ilk. I have to have shirts for my quilt squares.

This was supposed to be a valentine. I don't think so. I saw wedding or Mother's Day or anniversary. Watcha think?? The stamp is from Sweet Stamps and was stamped in a medium grey so not to overpower the sparkly chalks. I used a Q-tip to apply the chalks and sealed with a bit of hair spray. The die cut is from a Nestability set. I used a textured piece for the bottom layer and Cryogen White with its pretty sparkle for the top layer. A base square card was sponged with a dabber thingie to give it the mottled look but you could use an air brush here, too. I just can't afford one. Then the bottom half was layered with polka dotted card stock. I don't remember if this is Bazzill or Bo Bunny since I have a bunch of both. I Trio taped a slice of ribbon and then pop dotted the die cut and stamped image layers in the center. Remember, if you mail something like this you will need more postage (to feed the rats at the PO).

1 comment:

  1. This card is gorgeous and what a lovely image, love it! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!