Monday, June 23, 2008

A Warm Hello

So a question for all you stampers out there-how often do you buy used stamps such as SU and when you get them, they are a mess? Do they not give out those little brochures anymore that tell you how to mount them? I have also purchased several sets that are so inked up and dirty-and more and more the photos only show one side. I may get a good price on them, but the time I spend cleaning and remounting them is not fun. Hubby wanted to know why I was microwaving my stamps. Men are so so clueless.
This is a fun card. I used several punches to make my flowers and another to make the leaves. The corners were also a punch (there is also a die for Sizzix too that will do these). Many scraps went into this and you can change it all around to make whatever colors you have or like. ( I don't think a whole lot of explanation is needed for this card either).
Here is a close up on the flowers and you will see that I have used dotted buttons for the flower middles.To fake a stamen, I used some fibers that I looped thru the holes and tied in a knot. Just pop dot layers for more definition. If you only have plain buttons, use an alcohol based marker for the dots or stripes or whatever you make. These were in my button jar, so already done. But you can make your own.






1 comment:

  1. Love the punched flowers! My stamps are a nightmare...I am afraid they could never be sold (I'd be too embarrassed!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!