Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Summertime....

And the living is easy. Man could George Gershwin write them or what! I love the classic songs of the first half of the 20th century and can't for the life of me figure out why music has regressed. Probably the best we have now are mostly protest/introspective writers like Paul Simon and Mellencamp. Where are the the songs that "you are hanging over the radio and singing along with" nowadays?

I made this card on a few weeks ago and I think it's my favorite I have ever made. I loved how the Prismacolors just jump off the card with the use of Gamsol. The shading was so easy to do and I was able to achieve the variations in the wood barrel so well. The only thing that I found a problem with was the bunny after I cut out the image. It just looked so flat until I backed him with the same blue of the base card. I knew it was perfect after that addition.

The base is actually a half piece of blue textured cardstock (not seen) with the white scalloped edge added on. I used the other half of the bottom card for the first layer on top of white. I then added the striped piece as the next layer just a tad smaller and then took various pieces of plain colors derived from the striped piece. I edged all the pieces in Blue Denim Distress Ink from Tim Holtz/Ranger . I probably use those inks more than any I own except for various black dye/pigment inks.

I had to play around a bit to get the correct layering I liked and then added three eyelets using the Crop-i-dile-my favorite tool. I did not put the eyelets thru multi layers opting instead for just the layer it was on. After popping bunny on the card, I felt I needed some more dimension and originally had some acrylic splats but didn't like them. Digging in my stash I found these raindrops which reminded me more of sweat drops. It was just the finishing touch I needed.

I can't bear to part with this card. I want to make more like them with other bunnies, mice, or frogs. I love little creatures and as pets, tend to give them human names instead of cutsie ones. I miss my bunny Bailee who died last year at 14-yes 14! She lived in the house with me and was litter trained. She was more grayish brown than this stamped one. I just didn't have grey pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!