Friday, May 25, 2007

Love Notes

I love using scraps and sometimes the less stamping, the better. Ever need a card right now? This would work just fine. The hardest part was tying the bows in the side. I am not particularly good at that as I feel I have all thumbs. I just punched three holes and tied the small pieces of ribbon thru in one knot but it took me a while and lots of cussing with it!

Here is better close up so you can see the distressing I did, not with Tim Holtz this time but with plain old white pigment ink from Colorbox. I rubbed it on the main card and on the pieces that form the wide stripe. I also edged the pieces in Distress Denim but wish I had made it a little more prominent so it would show more. I then used some acrylic stamps and made the words "Love Notes" with black dye ink and popped an acrylic block which I think might be Joann's brand. They sell them in different sizes and shapes and I think they even have colored ones now.

Nice. Quick. Perfect for any age. This card would be perfect for mass production just using whatever pieces you have in the scrap bin and the ribbon tie ons were also scraps. Just change the word to thank you, sympathy, happy birthday-lots of ideas. Have them ready when you need them instead of thrashing around making some.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!