Saturday, May 02, 2009

Puppy Dog Tails

Sandpaper is my new cheap love. I have some small scraps from sanding the glue off the drywall and decided not to throw it away. And all those brass stencils just getting bent in a bin is a waste of money. So I really need to use my stash more.

This is cool card stock as it sands so nice. Lasting Impressions makes their own paper but often discontinues styles. And maybe four times a year, they come out with a new set of stencils, often seasonal. Don't really look for them at Joann's or Mike's anymore like I used to get them. Find a rubber stamp crafting store for a decent selection. I buy mine at Jane's/Sandee's (no website right now) and I used to get Dreamweaver stencils at Stacey's but she opted not to have them in store, but can order them. See sidebar for links.

This entire card is from one stencil. I just pop dotted the pieces together after I embossed them using a Cuttlebug, sanded and cut them out. Little kids can do it, that is why I am so good at it! If I had to change one thing it would be NOT to have drawn on eyes. It just looks dumb. The dog bone is a brad, btw.

2 comments:

  1. Your card is very cute Jan! I love your sanded DP and the puppy is adorable!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' this look and the STINKIN' CUTE pup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!