Thursday, January 25, 2007

With All My Heart

I got a lot of blooms from those few flowers I bought at Micheal's half off. I bought 5 or 6 different colors and used two here. I think the variant colors give it more depth.

The stamp I used is from Stampendous. It's called a pail topper, which must mean it fits on those clear pails I am seeing on the Internet. I like to think of it more as a frame. I am hoping maybe to find a St Patty's Day one too. But let's get through Valentines Day first!

The background card stock is from the "bin" as is the layered white piece. I used my paper edgers from Costco-the one called heart beat-to trim the white layer and then I edged it with coral red ink from Ancient Page. It matches up nicely with the background card stock, which has a lot of coral in it. I stamped the pail topper stamp on a scrap of light pink and cut around the inside and outside to emphasize the hearts. I then randomly colored the hearts with black, red or pink ink pens from Whispers ink. A few of the hearts got the glitter treatment-using Diamond Stickles. The final stamp was the sentiment "With all my heart" from the 2007 Hero Arts Collection which is brand spanking new to the stores this past week. It's part of a three pack of phrases. I layered this over a stamped image of the same stamp using mini pop dots and then glittered the two tiny hearts. The tiny teeny ribbon on the circle of hearts was just something I found laying around. I also did a bit of glittering on the flower for some extra bling.

I am contemplating this for a swap-but have thought of using white card stock for the circle of hearts or even textured background paper. I will post any variants I make to see what looks most appealing. This was fun and quick. The hardest part was cutting the hearts out without cutting me!

1 comment:

  1. This is terrific...the way you incorporated the flower and stamp together is so smart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!