Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Loves Me-Loves Me Not!

I'm amazed sometimes how lighting or background can change the mood or the feeling of something. I know how music affects my feelings-I think that is why I love movie soundtracks so much. So I decided to see how my feelings about a card I am contemplating for a swap would be changed depending on which background I photographed it against. The results are interesting.

This card is again from the scrap bin. I used a piece of Bazzill corduroy type in off whitish or very light cream. Its not virginal white, otherwise it would be too stark. I was at a used stamp sale recently and came across one of the Hero Arts Shadow stamps with 12 squares on it-for 3.00! This is the stamp I used under the flowers for the background. I tried my new watercolor pens that are from the makers of Whispers inks which I really like. The pens come in a nice case-a set of 36-with slots to add more later. I randomly rubbed the ink pens on the stamp, choosing three compatible colors. Then I huffed on it to re-moisten and centered and stamped the card stock. It gave it a mottled look which is kinda interesting and antique looking.

I then added three large silk flowers I pulled apart from a couple of stalks I bought during the 50 % off sale at Micheal's a few weeks ago. In the middle I placed some pretty colored crystals-although I won't have such a heavy hand with the Acrylic Accents I used to glue them next time.

I also used another rub on from the sheet I have been using all along-and I still have at least half of it to use yet! Not bad for a clearance set of rub ons! If I decide on this style for my swap, I will have to use a stamp for the sentiment or make up one using some alphabets from CTMH or Technique Tuesday who make my favorite clear alphabets stamps. Whatever works.
So the final accent was the vine fiber ribbon. I think this is from May Arts. I tried it as a bow-didn't work. Tried it to the side-didn't work. So tried to untie it and tore it-so glue tacked it to the top every few leaves, doing the same for the two pieces that hang down on the side. I will have to find more of this as I only have about 3 inches left and have an apple idea for that part.

So looking at the two photos-do you get two distinct feelings? Is the first more sultry and sexy and something you would give your man and the second photo a bit more innocent and warm fuzzy and one you would give your gramma? I think I will try this experiment more often to see what lighting or color changes will have on my cards.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!