Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Heart Felt

More scraps to the rescue. My scrap box is slowly emptying. The background card stock is Bazzill red textured. I used some red striped paper and a scrap of plain black for the dividing stripe. Behind the hand cut primitive heart is a circle of black felt. To accent the edges of the card stock , I used black dragonfly ink from Color Box. Those cat's eye pads are so much fun and so cheap, too. It lets you try colors without investing a lot of money. I used some off branded mini brads to add some extra eye candy, and originally wanted to write on the heart, but in my stash I found one tiny rub-on that fit so nicely. And that Ric Rac, which I would have probably throw away at another time, was just enough to span the card with only a teensy bit of trimming on the edges. I used my Trio tape to hold the ribbon in place as I have had terrible luck with most other tapes-especially those glue lines which I will NEVER buy again.

I really like this card and it was so quick-maybe 10 minutes or so. Just change the theme and you can make any holiday or event you want.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I can't believe it only took you 10 minutes! I love the ricrac, nice touch. Cat's eye pads rock, I love that you can finagle them into small spaces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sitting a spell with me and mine. I hope you take away a smile!